If you do not want to write your own script from scratch to create a SharePoint environment in the Azure cloud, some others in the community have already created some for you to use. Remember, you should know what your purpose of using Azure is first and how these different scripts will impact your pricing before you use any of them. Check out a few I have found below:
- Flexible 3 VM or 9 VM (Small Farm or High Availability Farm) SharePoint PowerShell Script with Server Configuration / Provisioning – GitHub, also here are the MSDN Instructions & Description for this script
- 3 Virtual Machine (1 AD, 1 SQL, 1 SharePoint) Azure SharePoint PowerShell Script with Server Configuration / Provisiong script – Ian Philpot via GitHub
- 3 Virtual Machine (1 AD, 1 SQL, 1 SharePoint) Azure SharePoint PowerShell script – Keith Mayer, MSFT (not sure if you have to register or email, see bottom of the page of the post for info)
- High Availability Farm Azure SharePoint PowerShell Script (I think 9 VMs but please verify) – AIS via GitHub
- GUI based PowerShell SharePoint Automation Script (have not tried this one yet so unsure of what it does, but it is looking very colorful) – Marco Massarelli via GitHub
- Install and Configure SQL Server 2012 SP1 Business Intelligence (BI) features and SharePoint 2013 – craigg via CodePlex and accompanying instructions on MSDN
- Deploying a SharePoint 2013 Farm Lab on Windows Azure VMs – (I think this is 1 AD, 1 SQL and 2 SP w/Workflow Manager and configuring SP. It is a script/instruction mix) – DevLeap / Paolo Pia
Since some of these scripts use images from Azure, and the images change often, you may experience random errors trying to run them. Check out my SharePoint & Azure Installation Gotchas blog post for a few troubleshooting tips.
Decommissioning Azure Environment Scripts
Other Script Resources
- Azure Script Center – Microsoft, a lot of random Azure scripts of all types
- Amazon Web Services & SharePoint – AWS (Amazon Web Services) SharePoint Configuration Script – AIS via GitHub
*If there are other scripts you would like to add to this list just comment below or Tweet me.